Sunday 29 April 2012

My poor drawing pencil was being neglected!


What happened to the days when I used to draw all the time??? Why have I suddenly stopped doing what I love most?! I guess my mojo went on holiday.....I don't know when the last time I drew a portrait was. I decided today was a good time to see just how rusty I'd become and look what happened!


 I am glad I did it and am really looking forward to getting in some more practice! I've never had any kind of training in this area...I did try to once but I fairly sure my teacher hated me, EVERYTHING I did, in her opinion, was wrong while the rest of the class was perfect :/ So in a nutshell that didn't last too long. Maybe I'll try going through professional training again one day but definately not at the same place!

I'd done a few drawings for friends in the past, I found copies in a folder on my computer recently and had almost forgotton I'd done them at all!











I was a bit taken aback at first, I had a moment of 'did I really do that??'. I will definately be striving to get some more practice in and hopefully even start selling some custom portraits!

9 comments:

  1. wow! beautiful beautiful! I would buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those are great drawings! They look very life like. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby pictures are my favorite!! You do great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou so very very VERY much ladies!! I don't usually share my work with others and figured it was about time I did :o) Your kind words are very encouraging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very talented! I dabble a bit just because I like things that are creative but mine never look like this LOL. Give me drawing lessons? lol

    April K.

    www.bookhoardermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and heartwarming! I love the baby ones the best. You catch their innocence and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baby pictures are beautiful! I mean, they are all wow (So much better than what I can do), but the baby ones are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)