Monday 23 April 2012

Unisex Crochet Baby Hat ~ Puff Stitch

Just a little project I started earlier this evening, and by little I mean newborn sized :o) As you may know I've recently been working on some little crochet delights for a baby box I'm putting together for when the time comes! There are so many things new and expecting parents need to buy these days, and clothing can be very expensive. So for the cost of a $4 ball of wool I can make a baby hat and few pairs of booties! Much more cost effective and means when we are expecting in the near future, we'll be a tinsy bit more prepared and have a little extra cash for the expensive necessities. Ever since I learnt the puff stitch I fell in love and just had to make an itty bitty hat with it. It's made with 4 ply yarn and a 4.5mm size hook and just two increasing rows, 8 rounds of puff stitches, 1 round of half double crochet and decrease half double crochet around the rim of the hat. Very easy, very quick and very very cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)