Thursday 19 April 2012

Quirky Bean 'Meet the Blogger' Spotlight! Victoria of 'Mommy Made It'


Mommy Made It


"I am a mother and a wife. I have two beautiful daughters whom I get the great privilege to be home with during my days. I am a self-proclaimed craft-a-holic. I have tried everything and loved everything I've tried that helps me "create". I love to read, cook, sew, quilt, and I love sharing all of these passions with my daughters. I try to bake or cook with them at least once per week. I have been married for 10 years to the most incredible man a woman can find. We are perfect mates and he has been such a great supporter of all of my "hobbies". I have an extremely close relationship with my family and it is one of the dearest gifts in my life. I have been blogging for just a little over a year and have become much more active in my blogging efforts over the past few months. I am on the board for my local MOMS Club and I am involved in a leadership role in my MOPS group as well. I teach Sunday School class to our toddlers at my church and love bringing the Word to these young children."

Describe yourself in 5 words - Blessed, Intuitive, Passionate, Engaging, Genuine

Why did you begin blogging? - I began blogging because I love writing and reading as well as sharing bits about myself with anyone who is interested.  I love it when I find a great blogger who provides me with tidbits that I can use in my daily life as a mom and wife and I wanted to and hoped that my writing would prove to be a way for me to give back what I have been blessed with in my life.

What is your all-time absolute favourite food?  I'll have to say my absolute favorite food is Strawberry Shortcake (I have always loved it even when I was a child) and I have perfected a recipe for the shortcake part of the Strawberry Shortcake that is fabulous.  Definitely my favorite!

If you had $1000 to spend on anything in the world, what would you spend it on? If I had $1000 to spend I would purchase a new sewing machine (mine is a nice machine but it's my grandma's and I would love to have a newer model as my primary machine and this one as my backup)  If I had anything left after that, I would stock up on fabric, thread, and other sewing notions.

What was the last book you read? The last book I read was The Hunger Games and I'm in the midst of reading the second book in the series, Catching Fire

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional. with whom would it be? It's hard because I would trade places with one of my daughters for sure but I can't think which one.  I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old and I would love to trade places with one of them to get their perspective on my own skills as a mother.  What a better way to learn, than to be the child you are raising.  I think that would prove to be an invaluable experience.

If your life could have a theme song, what would it be and why?
I think the theme song for my life would be one of these two:

"You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban just because the lyrics and the emotion are so powerful in my life and that I would be nothing, have nothing if it were not for His grace.
the other would be:

"You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins because everyday I work to appreciate all that I have in my husband and children, to have the patience to thank God for my blessings rather than complain about my troubles.  I know what a treasure this life is and everyday, I look for the beauty around me and the joy in my children's eyes.

Victoria is the owner of Mommy Made It and an absolute inspiration of a woman!

By the way, "You're Gonna Miss This" is such a beautiful song that I've included it here. It actually bought a tear to my eye, it should be the inspiration for us all to appreciate what we have.

3 comments:

  1. I love the two songs she chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These posts are so cute! Love getting to know other bloggers and what makes them tick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice being able to meet other bloggers! I love that's she'd like to trade places with one of her daughters...never thought about that! But I would trade places with her 'cause she's spoiled like crazy and not so much to see what kinda mom I'd be! =P I'm a bad mama like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)