Tuesday 24 April 2012

What do you consider 'family friendly'?

So excited!! Thismorning I have coffee with two very special ladies and guess what we're going to be organising? It has something to do with lots of lace, feather boas, fans and red lipstick and we can't wait! Vintage photoshoot here we come!! But that brings me to a question I've been mulling over in my mind and I want to put it to you, my readers, for your opinions.

I myself am very firm on the belief that inappropriate images and content consists of nudity and swearing and other crude language and things that may cause offence to your readers due to age, location, religion or gender; obviously you are not going to attract the right kind of attention towards your blog with that sort of media and I would never of course condone those things in a public domain let alone in my day to day life. But then it is also up to your own personal opinion to decide whether you consider something to be innappropriate.

I believe that women with curves are so feminine and why should we have to hide them? Society gives us too many images of what we SHOULD look like and not that we should be happy with who we are and love ourselves from the inside out. My plan is to create a blog post with tips and tricks to DIY a vintage style or pin up style photoshoot at home with your girlfriends. It focuses on loving your curves and being proud of who you are and showing yourself off to the best advantage! This is something I have always wanted to do, anything vintage is a passion on mine! If you have curves you are a beautiful creature and you should love yourself for them! As someone who has struggled with her self esteem for many years, I do not see the problem with any woman, thin or curvy, tall or short, being able to have the confidence to stand in front a camera and truly feel not only beautiful, but empowered, strong and sexy and most importantly feel confident in your own skin! I want to be able to say that I have done that and shared the result with you, and give you the tricks and tips and the confidence to have a go yourself!

So my question for you today is, what do you consider to be family friendly? I would honestly like to know...Will I be posting pictures on the internet of naked women? NO are you crazy!? Will I be posting pictures as part of my post of women who are over-sexualised? No!! Will I be sharing photos of everyday women like you and me with vintage hair, makeup and clothing in fun pin-up style poses feeling sensual and artistic? That's exactly right :o) You see, I'm not going out of my way to offend anyone on purpose, I don't want that at all! But I would like to know your opinions before I go ahead with it.

 I will still be going ahead with my plans for this photoshoot either way, it's a passion of mine and it's who I am. You shouldn't stifle who you truly are for the sake of someone else... ever! One one hand I've made more of a deal out of myself with this post than I should have, but the on the other hand I want to know what you think! It is truly important to me!

You know something that I haven't even considered having been too caught up in the 'right and wrongs' of it? Are you looking forward to this? Is it something you are interested in seeing and reading about? I sure am!! Feel free to check out my inspiration board on Pinterest!


*Please be considerate in your opinions guys, I will not stand for any abusive and overly negative talk. Any comments posted under 'anonymous' will be treated as spam and deleted.

7 comments:

  1. I say go for it! I find nothing offensive about vintage pin up all! I find nothing offensive about curvy women either. I do find it offensive that size 0 models with their ribs on show are used over and over again to promote fashion and lead women to believe that they are completely inadequate because they have curves. It needs to go back to how it used to be! Marilyn Monroe was one sexy lady! Thats the way it should be! I looked at your inspiration board too, I love Dita Von Teese :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am exactly the same! The media gives out so many wrong images of what we 'should' look like, who wants to be THAT skinny?? Certainly not me! I'd rather have curves than be a stick thin model anyday :o) I like food too much lol
      If only I could go back in time and meet Dita Von Teese! That woman is an inspiration!

      Delete
  2. I agree go for it! I would not be offended one bit and I doubt anyone else would be either.In fact I think it's a great idea and a noble one for trying to help others with their self esteem. And of course I want to see it so I can try it out myself LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will give it a try! :o) I don't see the sense in paying a few hundred dollars for something you can do with your girlfriends! I still can't believe I'm going to do this! lol I feel like if I can accomplish this, and share the story and images of an everyday average (mostly) person like me, then someone somewhere out there will have the confidence to do it too!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like it will be awesome! I love most things vintage and I am excited to see how this will turn out. Definitely happy about the way you think women should view themselves. So right!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!! I will need all the luck in the world to face that camera.. I keep telling myself I can do it! :o)

      Delete
  4. Do it Do it Do it! :) I love the idea of this, and receitly here at Fort Bliss there was a pin-up style shoot done outdoors and I think they were awesome. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.285310421487555.76339.128601537158445&type=3

    :) For me family friendly is being able to display something in my home without having to "justify" it to my grandma. She is a very conservative christmas woman, and she saw these photos I linked you to and she said that most of them were lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)