Thursday 19 July 2012

Porridge with Stewed Apples and Blueberries


I don't usually eat breakfast, which is an awful habit I know, but food before 11ish makes me feel pretty sick. I'm not sure why exactly but it does make eating regularly difficult for me. As part of my eating plan, it is essential that I eat something for breakfast so I've given myself three options; a banana soy smoothie, mixed berry wholewheat brekky muffins and a small bowl of porridge with stewed apples and blueberries. As this is the first day on my two week eating plan, I've chosen the porridge and thought I'd share the very simple recipe with you! It's only a small serving, but I find oats to be very filling and with the yummy fruits included, it's a great way to start my day.


You'll need:
1/3 cup skim milk
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup thawed frozen blueberries
1 small apple roughly chopped into cubes

1. Place your chopped apples in a small saucepan of boiling water and cook until tender. Once cooked, remove from heat and strain away the liquid. You'll only need half a small apple for this, so pop the other half of the cooked apples in a little container and store in the fridge to use for tomorrow's breakfast.
2. Add your skim milk to the saucepan together with the rolled oats on a medium heat and stir frequently until porridge cooks and thickens. Watch it carefully, oats don't take long to cook.
3. Add your cooked porridge to a bowl and tip your apples and blueberries on top. Done! Enjoy! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)