Friday 28 September 2012

Raspbeeeerry Beret.... she walked in through the out door!

You know when you have a song stuck in your head for like AGES? Well I had Prince stuck in my head.... Raspberry Beret to be exact... and you know the bit that goes 'she wore a raspberrrrry beret! The kind you find at the second hand store..... raspberrrry beret and if it was warm she wouldn't wear much more...'? Well I wear more than just a hat generally as a rule, but I had the urge last night to crochet something... so I made myself a Raspberry Beret ^.^ With my new hair I've been wanting to wear berets more...I don't know why exactly but hey, that's me and my oddball thinking for you!

 
It's not as slouchy as I would have liked..... but who cares! I'll just make more MUWAHAHAHA
 
 
 
Oh! And just because it's an awesome sauce song.... here you go! I am the kind of person to walk in through the out door... I just love this song!!


So here's the pattern for your own Raspberry Beret! It's pretty simple...

Acrylic raspberrry red coloured 8 ply yarn and a 5mm hook ~ to fit an adult (I have a small head, you might need to add another increase round or two)
dc=double crochet
ch=chain
sl st=slip stitch
dc FPC= double crochet front post crochet
dc BPC double crochet back post crochet

Magic circle, chain 3, 11 dc into ring. Join with sl st.
Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), 1 dc into same st and 2 dc into each st around. Sl st t join. Ch 3
Round 2: 1 dc into sl st, *1 dc into next st, 2 dc in next st* Repeat. Sl st to join. Ch 3
Round 3: 1 dc into sl st, *1 dc in each of next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st* Repeat. Sl st to join. Ch 3
Round 4: 1 dc into sl st, *1 dc in each of next 3 sts, 2 dc in next st* Repeat. Sl st to join. Ch 3
Round 5: 1 dc into sl st, *1 dc in each of next 4 sts, 2 dc in next st* Repeat. Sl st to join. Ch 3
Round 6: 1 dc into sl st, *1 dc in each of next 5 sts, 2 dc in next st* Repeat. Sl st to join. Ch 3
Round 7: 1 dc into sl st, *1 dc in each of next 6 sts, 2 dc in next st* Repeat. Sl st to join. Ch 3
Rounds 8 to 10: 1 dc in each st around. Sl st to join. Ch 3
Round 11: 1 dc in each of next 2 sts, dc decrease 2 together. *1 dc in each of next 3 sts, in next st work 1 dc decrease* Repeat. Sl st to join, Ch 3
Round 12: 1 dc in each of next 2 sts, dc decrease 2 together. *1 dc in each of next 3 sts, in next st work 1 dc decrease* Repeat. Sl st to join, Ch 3
Round 13: 1 dc in each of next 2 sts, dc decrease 2 together. *1 dc in each of next 3 sts, in next st work 1 dc decrease* Repeat. Sl st to join, Ch 3
Round 14: 1 dc in each st around. Sl st. Ch 3
Round 15: *In next st work 1 dc FPC, in next st work 1 BPC* repeat around, sl st to join. Ch 3
Round 16-17: *Work 1 dc FPC, in next st work 1 BPC* repeat around. Finish off. Weave in ends.

Now you've got a Raaaaaspberry Beret!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)