Thursday 15 March 2012

Pillowcase dress, my first try!

Well today I finished sewing up my first ever peice of clothing! I have made a skirt before, but that was completely hand sewn (actually I need to sew the hem on that still..whoops!) It's only a little peice, newborn to be exact and the whole dress cost about $3 to make as I picked up the fabric at the local op-shop for 50 cents and I only used half of it! My printer wasn't working though so I couldn't print the pattern and had to measure the fabric with my tape and draw it up myself and as a consequence I think the armholes are a bit too small. I have now used bias tape for the first time...wonderful stuff isn't it? I also made a matching bow headband for the dress, you know because now cute little vintage dress is complete without a bow right?


I also learnt how to sew on trim properly! It's suprisingly simple, but then again I guess I've never tried to do it before.





I used Prudent Baby for the pattern, it was super easy to follow! I am now plotting ways to go about making one of these dresses on a larger scale for myself! Red and polka-dotty would be perfect!

4 comments:

  1. thats beautifull and i love your blog as well! you can find me at http://www.crafts-things.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added your button to my blog > > >

      :)

      Delete
  2. That is so cute- I love the fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! I picked up second hand, and there is still a heap of it leftover! I love bargain buys

      Delete

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)