Thursday 11 August 2011

Obsessed or devoted or just nuts?

Look what I made yesterday! I am ridiculously proud of myself, I did it without a pattern or tutorial or even a measuring tape and sewed it with a hand needle! Pretty cool huh? I highly doubt it's an original design though, and to be honest I just chopped up a heap of rectangles and guestimated what I'd need and where to put them and how to sew it together so it didn't fall apart but it worked!



I am sooo keen to get to work on another one! Only the next one I will work out what kind of closure to add to the bag and put some pockets on the inside and two on the outside and make it into a nappy bag.  I even had some ideas about making matching nappy wallets that you could fold out and use as change mats too!

Hand sewn I hear you say? Yes indeed... I hand sewed it. Each seam is triple stitched for durability and you don't want to know how long it took me to complete... really you don't....

you do?

Oh gosh...

ok well it took me 6 hours.. yes I know, it really is a labour of love but for some reason (and this partly makes up the reason why I'm crazy) I find it very theraputic and relaxing!

I went fabric shop hunting today and came back with lots of fabrics (I couldnt decide on just ONE), a roll of lovely variety vintage cotton strips, ribbons, buttons, christmas buttons for my christmas bundles I want to make (and I am very excited to start those let me tell you!!) and some other bits and bobs... I am smiling from ear to ear! I even thought I would try my hand at some of my own design owls but mini versions! I don't know how they're going to work out but hey, it's worth a try right?

Well, I'm off to get sewing! It is positively freezing here today, I swear my toes are going to break off my feet very shortly (time to find and 'borrow' the fiance's ugg boots methinks)..

Happy Thursday everyone!

-Tash xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)